TredMax Application Instructions
With Tredmax you get perfectly round microceramic microspheres which act as ball bearings during application. This prompts the texture in the coating to be evenly distributed across the surface. No more uneven streaking or clumbs of texture!
- Pool Surrounds
- Tennis Courts
- High Traffic Areas
- Stir contents well to ensure even dispersion
- With a high quality brush, pre-apply to small areas such as stairs or edges.
- Attach Roller cage to extension pole. For main areas pour TredMax in a long continuous bead across the short side of the surface being coated.
- For uniform sheen and texture Roll product uniformly and finish with long, even strokes.
No foot traffic for the first 24 hours.
Masonry and Concrete ~ Allow all poured or precast concrete to cure for 28 days. Smooth, trowled concrete must be acid etched. Follow etching directions. Rinse thoroughly to allow to dry completely.
Unocated Painted Substrates ~ New asphalt must be cured for 14 days (longer during cooler weather). Surface must be free of oil, grease and dirt. Clean surface using a power washer and dry well.
Previously Painted Substrates ~ Wash and rinse surface using The Duke, cleaner and degreaser. Remove all loose and flaking paint. Sand all glossy durfaces to a dull appearance then remove sanding debris.
PRE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Intermix containers if using more than one container. This is particularly important if the TredMax containers have different batch numbers.
Note: Batch numbers are located on the top of the lid. TredMax can be easily applied with a high quality paint brush or 3/8″ nap roller.
TEMPERATURE / DRY TIME
Apply when surface temperature is above 10°C/50°F. Do not apoply if rain is in the forcast within 24 hours.
Dries to the touch in 1 – 2 hours at median temperature of 21°C/72°F. May be re-coated after 8 hours.
Apply TredMax at the rate of 80 sq. ft. to 100 sq. ft, per Gallon per coat.
Do not apply if:
- Rain is forecast in the next 12 hours.
- Temperature is expected to fall below 10°C (50°F) within 24 hours.
- The surface is warm to the touch under direct sunlight.
- It’s late in the day and the dew point will be reached in 2 to 4 hours 8 hours.
STORAGE AND CLEANUP
Clean tools and equipment immediately after application with soap and warm water.
Keep from freezing.
For additional information if you have any questions please contact us at 1.800.943.8226.